Presidents' Field, a six-acre plot on the grounds of George W.
Macauley, publisher of
near Grand Rapids, Michigan, was dedicated in 1936. The
pine trees were arranged to form the letters NAPA and each was
marked with the name of the president whom it honored. Willard 0.
Wylie, the oldest living ex-president at that time (elected in
1883), made the dedication speech, bringing tears to many by his
tributes, uttered in the reverent stillness, broken only by an
occasional rustle of a gentle summer wind.